Some holiday traditions are hard to ignore…like that scratchy wool knit sweater Grandma graciously sends you every Christmas Eve; and others are time-honored traditions we keep close to our hearts, like that simple and yummy advent calendar that patiently waits next to your bed until Christmas Day.
Yet, as we get older S.O.’s come into our lives, friendships grow, and family moves closer or further away. We learn to adapt, we share our time and experiences, and we create new memories. So as your family and friends change and grow, it’s only right that your holiday traditions evolve too!
We can all appreciate those oldies but goodies, but take time to create new traditions this year with the ones you love!
- Spiked Eggnog for Happy Noggins: Nominate a small group of potentially talented cocktail crafters to develop the perfect spiked eggnog recipe, the rest of the group gets to be the taste testers, aka judges! Winner takes home a cocktail set & delicious bottle of liquor…but really, everyone wins with this kind of taste testing. 😉
- Hello, It’s Me: Single? No kids or fur babies to dress up in Christmas attire? That’s no excuse to not send Christmas cards! Make a list, check it twice, and send a note that’s funny and nice!
- Twas the Night Before Christmas 2.0: Making the long drive to your aunt’s house for Christmas Eve this year? Spice it up by bringing a Polaroid Pic Instant Film Camera and create a scrapbook throughout the night! Share funny memories from the year, write cute notes, and fill it with funny family photos.
- Christmas Chaos Opposite Day: No doubt the holiday season is stressful – so, it seems like the perfect time to create an annual spa day before or after the big day with your closest gal pals.
- Makin’ Memories and Makin’ Mugs: Presents are expensive; parties are expensive; the holiday season in general gets a tad bit pricey. This year, raid your local Michael’s for some inexpensive materials to make jewelry, Christmas mugs, or candles for a personal and meaningful gift!