National Coffee Ice Cream day gives us the perfect opportunity to (continue to) indulge after the long weekend! Coffee ice cream is an anomaly flavor – some coffee lovers can’t do it, while non-coffee drinkers love it – and vice versa! Whether you can’t get enough, or are interested in testing it out, we’ve got the recipe for you!
With the assistance of coolgear BRU, we’ve come up with the perfectly balanced flavor of cold brew coffee ice cream with a hint of kahlua thrown in the mix. This easy recipe can be whipped up in 5 simple steps, and your frozen treat will be ready by dinner tonight!
- For Cold Brew Coffee:
- coolgear BRU system
- your favorite, quality, fresh-ground coffee
- cold water
- For Ice Cream:
- 1/2 cup cold brew coffee
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (12 oz) container sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp Kahlua
- dash of cinnamon
- Make your cold brew coffee ahead of time using BRU; you decide on the boldness, strength, and flavor profile so the coffee ice cream is customized to your preference in taste! Watch our easy instructional video on how to brew:
- Add heavy cream to your mixer, and beat with a whisk until stiff peaks appear.
- In a separate bowl, combine condensed milk, cold brew coffee, Kahlua, and cinnamon; beat with whisk until properly mixed.
- Add whipped cream into the coffee mixture and stir.
- Put the mixture in the freezer to harden for at least 2-3 hours or until ready to eat.
- Serve with your choice of toppings! Hint hint, chocolate chips and caramel are drool worthy!