Halloween isn’t just for kids, it’s the perfect food-filled-family-fun opportunity for adults too. With trick-or-treating, costume parties, people running around, and candy-filled pillow cases striving to be filled, there’s a lot going on throughout old Hallow’s Eve. The key to hosting a perfect Halloween party is keeping it simple and sweet; tick off the check list for food, drinks, sweets, and decorations, and host the perfect Halloween pre-game to the main trick-or-treating event!
Decor & Ambience: Halloween is all about creativity, you can get some magazine worthy decor for cheap at fabric stores, bulk retailers, dollar store, and a little craft work.
- Golden spray painted pumpkins
- Candles (various sizes)
- Pumpkins & gourds (various sizes)
- Skeletons (preferably climbing the steps or a drain pipe)
- Cut out bats
- Spiders sprinkling tables
- Spooky music
- Carved Jack-o-Lanterns
- Scary movies playing in the background
- Eyeball ice cubes
Food: The key to easy hosting, is a serve-your-self style food. We suggest a filling, warming soup, and some small apps to fill your guest’s tummies – while keeping some room for cheat sweets later in the night.
- Chicken Chorizo Chili by Bon Appetit or Crockpot Italian Broccoli Rabe Chili by Half Baked Harvest
- Pumpkin shaped cheese ball
- Pumpkin filled dip & veggie platter
- Bloody Baked Brie
- Spooky Salad
- Covered pretzels
- Risen from the Grave Cocktail by Delish
- Brûléed Bourbon-Maple Pumpkin Pie by Bon Appetit
Costumes: Encourage creativity among the adults by offering a costume contest; Best costume gets a Halloween gift basket filled with treats like: