At Cool Gear, we don’t believe in keeping secrets, especially when we have the best guacamole recipe ever in our midst. While it has been a tried & true recipe amongst cookouts, barbecues, Superbowl parties, wine night, cinco de mayo parties and more – it’s time we spread the love, and shared the dip. National Chip & Dip Day seems like the best time to share our Spicy Mango Ginger Guacamole Recipe – read on to drool!
The best thing about guacamole is that there really isn’t a way to mess it up; so even if you think you are the world’s worst chef, there are few ways to make this inedible. Add a little know-how, a dash of spice, and some unexpected flavor and it turns into something deliciously addictive.
- 4 medium, ripe avocados (preferably Hass)
- 1/2 ripe mango, cubed
- 2 inches finely chopped fresh ginger (more based on preference)
- 1/2 of a medium red onion, diced
- 1/2 finely chopped jalepeño
- 1 handful of finely chopped cilantro
- juice squeezed from one lime
- dash of cayenne pepper & black pepper to taste
- Chop, dice, squeeze & mix; add cayenne & pepper and season to taste. Increase & decrease flavor quantities based on preference.
- Serve with tortilla chips, corn chips, or your favorite crudités.
- Don’t like this guac out of your site. It will disappear faster than Houdini.