Spring Break is the pinnacle of party time for the majority of college students around the US; whether it signifies a lazy-do-nothing-but-overindulge week at home, bikini-clad beach parties, or apres-ski celebrations at Tahoe, typically a lot of food will be shared and drinks will be cheered. Despite the weather or destination, there are a few Spring Break essentials that every kid should pack for a healthy, happy & fun vacation.
- Comfy Sweats: Traveling requires comfort. No class means you can cash in on your laziness chips and sleep in.
- Reusable Water Bottle: Airports, long car rides, beach days, and those far, few & in between work-out routines will leave you craving some H2O; it’s easy to get dehydrated, despite other liquids you may be consuming, so be sure to add water to the routine.
- Portable Charger: Stay in the loop and stay safe by having a readily accessible communication device, AKA your cell phone. Buy a portable charger or a cell case that charges on-the-go, eliminating your need to plug in behind the bar top late night, hence causing you to forget your phone in the process.
- Camera: Cell phones are easy, but some adventures are meant to be documented at a different level. Whether it’s fancy DSLR’s, GoPros, or your new Instapix Polaroid, snap some cute, fun shots along the way.
- Advil: Need we state the obvious? Check out our top hangover cures here to aid you throughout the festivities.
Now that you have the basics, take a look at our top travel picks for hot Spring Break destinations this year.
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua: Our #1 Destination: Surfer’s paradise, fun surfer bars, cool locals, and perfect sandy beaches. Plus side, it’s super affordable to travel to this international destination and do it all.
Austin, TX: Good food, good music, and lots of hipsters. Be trendy, have fun and get a full experience for all 5 senses.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico: Spring-breaky but nicer; offering you the opportunity to take advantage of the ocean, reefs, golf courses, beaches, and of course, nightlife. Less commercial than Cancun and way prettier.
New Orleans, LA: Food, bourbon, jazz and more food. Get your Bourbon St. fix and take in the full-on cultural experience this city has to offer – and stay out all night to find it. Very few curfews here.
Vail, CO: Do the opposite and seek out a wintery escape. A bit more expensive, but at least you’ll be getting your daily exercise in before the quintessential apres-ski.
Negril, Jamaica: Cheap, all-inclusive options and jerk fried chicken. Stay in hotel zones when partying, but look for structured tours to explore the heart of the Jamaican culture.
San Diego, CA: Livin’ the California Dream. Beach babes, beach bars, and lots of blonde haired people doing california-y things.